Muddy Buddy Rules
Safety is the first priority! If we believe there is an unsafe situation developing, our staff reserves the right to close any obstacle or portion of the course at anytime during the race without notice. Please use your best judgment at all times and if something appears too hazardous for your abilities you may always walk around these obstacles.
Muddy Buddy Mud Run
- Must be 12 years old to participate
- Buddies must run the obstacle course together
- Some obstacles may require both buddies to complete
- Helmets are optional but not required
Muddy Buddy Bike & Mud Run
- Must be 14 years old to participate
- Bike helmets are MANDATORY at all times with the chinstrap buckled. Participants are responsible for bringing their own helmets to the race.
- One bike per team (it can be any type of mountain bike, but the course will be a mix of off-road, grass, trails and pavement depending on the city). Participants are responsible for bringing their own bike.
- Both buddies will start the race together. All bikers will be lined up at the front of the start line, with all runners behind the bikers.
- While on the obstacle course, runners stay to the right side of the trail and bikes pass on the left. Be courteous to those racers around you. Some paths may narrow, so be sure and call out if you are passing by.
- Each team is required to switch skills after each obstacle. You may only switch skills at the obstacle/transition areas. There are 5 obstacles/transition areas on each course with the mud pit several hundred yards from the finish. (depending on the city).
- The biker will drop the bike in the transition area at each obstacle. The runner will complete the obstacle and then find the bike in the transition area.
- Do not wait for your partner after each obstacle.
- Bike number plates will be provided, but we also suggest getting creative with decorating your bike so that it is easily identifiable.
Muddy Buddy Policies
All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Changing Your Buddy:
What happened? Your buddy decide not to compete with you? They wimp out over a little mud? Don’t sweat it.
- We will accommodate switching ONE buddy per team. Team registration cannot be transferred to two completely new participants. If it is ONE WEEK prior to the race and you have another bud you want to bring along, please fill out our Buddy Change Request Form. You’ll need all of your buddy’s information to fill it out, but we’ll add them to your team, and get you hooked up with your new partner!
- These requests must be received one week before race day in order to be valid.
- If you need to switch your buddy race week; see us at the solutions tent when you pick up your packet and we can accommodate your request.
Natural Disaster Policy:
If an Act of God/Terrorism/Community Disaster occurs, what actions are taken?
- We will make decisions based on safety first.
- Races will be altered as seen fit.
- Athletes in that race will have first right to sign-up for that event the next year
- Financial: The Muddy Buddy Adventure Series cannot accept the risk of a disaster for everyone. Each athlete needs to accept the risk of his or her entry fee. There will be NO REFUNDS or free entries to other future races. The money you paid is spent developing that race.
- NSF Checks: In the case of a bounced check, the event will charge a $25.00 fee for all bounced checks. In addition, checks that are returned prior to the event must be redeemed with cash plus the processing fee. Patrons who do not cover NSF checks or who stop payment on checks will not be allowed to race future events.
- Late fees are determined by the postmark date on the envelope. Late fees must be collected before the entry form can be processed.
- In the event of a sell-out, all entries received after the closing date will be automatically returned within 5 business days. Waiting lists will not be established for any events.